Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Got My Coastal Scents Mystery Box!

Ello all! I waited and waited and it finally came! My coastal scents mystery box, which I got on sale for $19.95 (a $50 value) here: http://www.coastalscents.com/sets/mysterybox.html (currently out of stock)

Here's what came in it: 


  • Divine Line Lolite ($9.95 value)
  • A sample of Rouge Flambe Mineral Eyeshadow ($1.00 value)
  • Reach Mascara ($4.95 value)
  • Jungle Green Eyeshadow* ($1.99 value)
  • Coral Eyeshadow* ($1.99 value)
  • Petal Peach Eyeshadow* ($1.99 value)
  • Lava Eyeshadow* ($1.99 value)
  • Peach Du Jour Eyeshadow Pencil ($2.95 value)
  • Cosmetic Pencil Sharpener ($3.95 value)
  • Sunless Body Art Dark ($7.95 value)
  • Bohemian Orange Smacks Lip Gloss ($3.75 value) 
  • An Eyeshadow holder (price unknown, estimated 0.60 value)
*I just entered the number on the package onto their website to find the color, it may or may not be correct depending if they changed their inventory or not*

Total Value of Mystery Box: $43.06 

Swatches from Eyeshadow (Didn't swatch the Petal Peach, it's basically my skin tone)

Top: Jungle Green Eyeshadow
Middle: Coral Eyeshadow 
Bottom: Lava Eyeshadow
Swatch from Eyeshadow Pencil: 

My disclaimer with this pencil is simple. I swatched both of these the day before swatching again from the picture, didn't rub them off. The white was gone within an hour and the bronze one is still on my hand after I showered! Also, the white I had to press harder for it to even show up. So I will most likely use one half of this pencil.

My Review: 
After totaling the valued prices vs. what I actually paid, I definitely got my moneys worth. However, a lot of these things are useless to me. Like the dark powder, as you can see, I'm nowhere near dark enough to use it. I also hate using lip gloss, it just gets everywhere for me. And the light eyeshadow that is the same as my skin tone... what am I supposed to do with it? So these things I will definitely not be keeping. 

I really have no interest in the mascara because I wear  better mascara now, so I doubt cheaper will look better. 

I'm most excited about the gel eyeliner and the sharpener (cause I've never gotten around to buying one). 

When I subtract all the items that I find useless to me my box value decreases to $24.42, that's not too bad, but I would definitely not buy another Mystery Box from Coastal. It was fun to open it and look inside, like a mini Christmas, but not enough good stuff to go back for more. I'm not sure why they aren't giving better products in their mystery box, I assume the goal is to get the customer to keep shopping there right? Well, I probably won't. So, good job Coastal Scents (sarcasm).  

My Grade: B-

Have you gotten a Coastal Mystery Box? Was it worth your time and money? Share Below! 

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment