Friday, March 22, 2013

L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm Review


As my first post, I'm definitely disappointed this will be a negative review. I bought the L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm 118 Pink Satin recently from CVS for $7.99.

First and foremost, I made this purchase along with a moisturizer (I have yet to try it) to receive a $4.00 CVS Rewards Bucks. Rewards Bucks to me are the only way these makeup brands should be purchased. This is because you get rewarded (and get more rewards) for buying makeup and the deals change weekly!

I was initially drawn to the lip balm because I always struggle with chapped lips and I'm always looking for a daily lipstick that will keep my lips moisturized and give it a pop of color. I chose this color because at the time, I thought it would look good with the outfit I was wearing, and you always need a fun pink!

Here's what the pink looked like:

Pretty right? 

Here's the swatch against my hand:

Ummmm.... Where is that pink at?

Okay, here comes the best part. My lips before: 
Andddd after....
Cool, so I bought overpriced lip gloss?

I won't lie, this lipstick gives you a shine and these pictures were taken in Fluorescent lighting, but seriously, there is no color to it. Might as well buy 'tinted' chap stick. The moisture it gives you is great and if you're not looking for a color change, but a decent shine, whip out your checkbook and buy it! (But seriously, I don't recommend it). 

My Grade: D


Did you try out this product yourself? What'd you think of it? What about a different color? Post your thoughts below! 

Until Next Time,
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment